This year, we have seen so many great management thinkers and doers (50), that it is hard to pick the best.
But do so I must, and the list will need to be unapologetically personal. Not the best then…
Just my favourites.
And there are plenty more to come in the New Year too.
Including our Management Doubles: pairs of thinkers who did some their best work together, as a pair.
But, in the meantime…
Happy New Year to all of our readers
Giants of Commerce
- Mary Kay Ash: The Golden Rule
- Richard Branson: Virgin
- Bill Gates: Flawed Vision
- Herb Kelleher: Employees First
- Robert Owen: Fair Management
- Jack Welch: Supreme Manager
- Robert Greenleaf: Servant Leadership
- Charles Handy: Management Philosopher and The Nature of Organisations
- Marshall McLuhan: Global Village
- Edgar Schein: Organisational Culture
- Phillip Tetlock: Expert Judgement
- Victor Vroom: Motivation and Decision-making
Super Psychologists (and similar)
- Jennifer Aaker: Story Power
- Teresa Amabile: Progress Principle
- Linda Hill: Collective Genius
- Herminia Ibarra: Outsight
- Rensis Lickert: Participative Management
- Virginia Satir: Family Therapy
- Rosemary Stewart: Practical Management
- Lynda Gratton: The Future of Work
- Ikujiro Nonaka: Knowledge Management
- Liz Wiseman: Multiplier Effect